Monday 10 September 2018

Malta part 3

Merħba!

Yesterday I promised you beaches, fish and grapes, so that's what you'll get plus a little more.

While most of the coastline is rocky, Malta does have some nice beaches. When we there it was a little too cold to go swimming. It was after all in February. But it was nice just to sit on the beach and enjoy the sunshine.



When we'd had enough if the beach we went the the national aquarium.


It was interesting. They had some pretty scary sharks, but I was so nervous that I forgot to take a selfie with them. I did get a picture of this guy, though:


They also had an exhibition about all the special birds that live on the islands. Julius quickly made a new friend.


We also took a trip to the capital Valletta. It's a very interesting city built by the Knights Hospitaller. But as you can see from the picture walking around Valletta is hard work. Most of the street are very steep and I have tiny legs, so I just didn't have the energy to take any good selfies in Valletta.


Even though Malta is very dry it's still a very fertile place. Look at these grapes we bought in a local supermarket. I know it's hard to tell from the picture but they are the size of pingpong balls!


Here's another Maltese produce. The cactus fruits are called prickly pears and you can use them to make a liqeuer.


Now I think you know everything there is to know about Malta.

Ċaw ċaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment