Tuesday 18 September 2018

Vanja's Guide to Autumn

Hello!

Autumn is here and I have an urge to travel to faraway places. By the way, did you know the Germans have a word for that; Wanderlust. Where are you going to spend your autumn? Don't know yet? Here is Vanja's list of nice places to visit in the autumn.


1. Vilnius, Lithuania

I've been to Lithuania twice. Last time was a year ago and it was wonderful. Beautiful Vilnius is well worth a visit in the autumn. I spent so much time swimming and diving in the colourful piles of leaves. I felt like Scrooge McDuck in his Money Bin.


Vilnius is a cheap holiday destination with cosy cafĂ©s and fat cats. 


And lots and lots of churches...



2. London



We went to London last autumn in November. The weather was cloudy and grey but warm compared to Finland, and besides you don't go to London for the weather anyway. Autumn is a good time to visit museums. As you may remember from my Top 5 list of statues and sculptures we went to the Natural History Museum where I met Charles Darwin. But we also saw some impressive animals. This dude must be at least 100000 times bigger than me.





Julius liked Tower of London. (And just between you and me, I wouldn't have minded if he'd spent a few weeks there.)


And then of course there are the double-decker buses. In the words of William Gladstone: “the best way to see London is from the top of a bus.” I managed to get a front row seat.


We also went to see the Lion King musical and ate fish and chips. Perfect activities for the autumn.

3. Helsinki, of course! (no, really)

Helsinki is quite rainy now and it's getting darker by the day, but autumn offers up lots of pretty colours and delicious mushrooms. So I'll finish this post with some pictures I took last autumn in a park close to where we live.





Have a wonderful autumn, everybody, and don't forget to drink lots of hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment