Thursday 30 January 2020

Masada

Welcome back!

From Jerusalem we went on an excursion to Masada, an ancient hill fortress by the Dead Sea.


To get to the top you have two options. You can take the cable car or you can walk up. Julius the lazy bugger took the cable car of course.


But I walked up on the so called "Snake Path" like a real man.


The path gains about 300 metres in altitude, and the steps are quite a challenge for a little monkey like me.


I'm starting to regret this, but at least I'll get rewarded with a magnificent view when I get to the top...


Oh, for fuck's sake, the Dead Sea is right there and you can't even see it. Stupid desert haze.


Well, at least there's decent a view on the other side towards the Judaean Desert.


The plateau itself is full of ancient ruins (and some not-so-ancient gazebos).


I got inspired to try and build my own structure.


Here's the result. Quite a palace right?


Well, that's enough for today.
Come back soon, next stop Bethlehem!

No comments:

Post a Comment