Tuesday 17 July 2018

Bergamo

Buon giorno!
As I promised I'll tell you some more about my vacation in Italy.
From Milan we took a day-trip to Bergamo. It was 45 minutes away by train and ticket was only €5.

Me and Julius on the train

Outside the station in Bergamo we met this guy. He was little grumpy. He probably hadn't had his espresso yet.

Julius and Dino
Bergamo consists of two parts, the modern city, CittĂ  bassa, and the old medieval city, CittĂ  alta, which is located on the hills above the modern city. We took the funicular up to the old city.

The old city seen from the modern city

Picnic

While my humans had a picnic in the gardens of La Rocca castle me and Julius went off exploring the area. And guess what, we found an old tank that I couldn't help taking a closer look at. But I got stuck in the barrel. Probably due to too much gelato. 

Me exploring the tank
Ooops...

For a garden lover like me it was a great place to spend the afternoon.
We enjoyed the views of Bergamo from the city walls. Mamma mia! What a view!

A view of Bergamo's old city

Scary dude
The next post will be about Verona. Stay tuned.

Un abbraccio!
Vanja

No comments:

Post a Comment