Monday 16 July 2018

Milan


From Riga we went to Milan. The airport shuttle bus was full of loud Italian musicians who obviously came from the celebrations in Riga. Because my knowledge of Italian is still very limited I only understood a few words like "rigoletto" and "forte". Nobody sad anything about where to get the best gelato so I had to figure it out myself.

When we got to the city my humans went straight to the nearest pizzeria close to the Central Station or Centrale.

Then we went to check in at our hotel Vienna. It was rather old but clean. But I didn't like it because of the cleaning lady who made lots of loud annoying noises all the time.

Here are a few things that I liked about Milan:

1. travelling on the antique trams

A tram from 1928
Me on the tram

2. the beautiful cathedral or il Duomo

Me in front of Duomo

3. strolling along Via Garibaldi & stopping by a café to enjoy an espresso and a gelato or two. Me and Giulio aka Julius had a competition to see who could eat the most gelato. I don't need to tell you that I won of course...

4. Navigli-area with its canals and cafés

5. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II where I accidentaly spent all my money on Versace. It was ridiculously expensive but shiny things has always been my guilty pleasure...

Shopping

We also went to Palazzo Reale to see an exhibition ”Impressionismo e avanguardie” My humans liked it a lot but not me, since there was nothing to eat...

Palazzo Reale
Behind Palazzo Reale we found a small secret garden with sculptures that I could climb on.



This wasn't my first visit to Milan but it was nice to see the city again.

In the next post I'll tell you about our day-trip to Bergamo.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment