Saturday 25 August 2018

More sculptures

Hello again!

The is a continuation of yesterday's post about sculptures and statues. As I promised I'll tell you about the Vigeland park in Oslo but I'll also add in some other statues from Olso and Stockholm.

As I told you we went to Oslo for Easter 2017. One of the first things we did was to go to the Vigeland park, or well, it's actually called the Frogner park, but most of the park is taken up by the Vigeland installation, named after Gustav Vigeland who made all the wonderful sculptures.


I can really empathise with this guy. When Julius brings home his annoying little friends and they start making trouble I often feel like this.


Tell me again, what are we looking at? What are we waiting for?



In the city centre we found this guy. Did I tell you that my middle name is Lionheart?


While walking around the grounds of the Akershus Fortress I started hearing ghost-like voices of children calling out to me. "Come and play with us", they said. I like playing so naturally I followed the sound. What I found were these creepy statues of little children. 



This next one is from Stockholm. These two guys were clearly about to create a lot of trouble, so I stepped in to calm things down.


But that turned out to be big a mistake... I had a headache for several days after that.


That's all for today, folks! Tomorrow's post: Even more statues!

No comments:

Post a Comment