Sunday 26 August 2018

Even more statues

Salut!

Climbing on statues is one of my favourite activities. If you haven't done so already have a look at my two previous posts about sculptures and statues: part 1, part 2.

Two years ago I went on a long and interesting Interrail journey through Europe. So many cities, so many impressions, and so many statues of course. I'll get around to writing a post about that trip at some point but for now let's focus on the statues.

Here I am on the shoulder of Pieter Bruegel in Brussels. He already had a monkey on his shoulder but you can never have too many monkeys. I like Pieter Bruegel because he painted the "Two Monkeys".


In Luxembourg (during the same interrail trip) I found this fellow. He was made of wood so he was easy to climb on. I wonder if he's thinking or sleeping?


This picture is from a different trip. It's an elk in a hat and fur coat in Frankfurt am Main. How cool is that?


I like elks. As you know from my post about sports, Julius and I are into riding and elks are good for riding on. They are so majestic.



I also like climbing on scientists, saints, heroes etc. I found this guy in London. I don't know who he is but he looks a little like Copernicus and he definitely looks important.


Okay, I think that's enough sculptures and statues for now. See you soon, but until then; go out and climb something.

No comments:

Post a Comment