Sunday 12 August 2018

Top 5 tops

Hey hey!

As you've probably figured out by now I've travelled quite a lot in my life and I have lots of pictures to show you. So my plan is to do a series of "Top 5" posts with highlights from my previous travels.

Let's start out with a fun one: Top 5 tops! Or in other words the top 5 high places I've been to.

Top 1. A mountain top in the Swiss Alps


Did you know I climbed a mountain? A whopping 2548 metres above sea level! That's right, I'm tougher than I look. I sometimes have to remind my humans when they're being annoying.
Also, what's up with the Swiss? I know they're a very efficient people, but having signs telling you how many sexually transmitted diseases (STD) you can get in 30 minutes seems like overdoing it a bit, don't you think?

Me in the snow on the way to the top. Brrr.

Top 2. The roof of Duomo in Milan.


This picture isn't from our recent trip to Italy. It was taken back in the good old days before I started travelling with Julius.

Ooh, that looks like a nice gelato place down there.

Top 3. The Eiffel tower (you can't do list of tops without that)


Haha, I'm kidding of course. That's just a model of the Eiffel Tower, I'm not King Kong — though sometimes I wish I were... Here's a picture I took of the real thing:


And here's one with me in it. Look how tiny and insignificant I am. You probably can't even find me in the picture.



Top 4. Catedral de Santa MarĂ­a La Real de La Almudena in Madrid. (Yeah I know, the Spanish have a way with names...)


This is the cathedral next to the Royal Palace in Madrid. There's a wonderful view of the city from the roof.



If you look to the west you can see the Sierra de Guadarrama mountains in the background.




Top 5. Ljubljana Castle.

You do know that Ljubljana is the capital of Slovenia, right? Just checking. It's located in the foothills of the Alps in the centre of Slovenia which is itself sandwiched between Austria and Croatia. But you already knew that, right? 


Because of the location you have a beautiful view of the mountains.



Bonus Top! The top of the Asinelli tower in Bologna. If you haven't done so already you have to read my post about Bologna to see the pictures from the tower.


That's all for today, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment