Tuesday 24 July 2018

What to do in Helsinki in the summer

Moikka!


When I'm not travelling I try to entertain myself in other ways. Today's blogpost will be about things to do in Helsinki in summer.

Let's take a look at a typical summer day in Helsinki Ă  la Vanja.

I'm not a huge fan of Finnish design but since we live near a Marimekko outlet shop I can't help sneaking in. I usually try out the latest products before they get sold to silly Asian tourists who are willing to pay unreasonably high prices in order to get a piece of Finnish design.


But having said that I actually kind of like Marimekko's colourful design. It always cheers me up. and it's easier to not lose sight of Julius when he is wearing a shirt with giant red flowers.

One Japanese shopper thought the 30 % discount applied to me to and tried to buy me...
After visiting Marimekko I might head towards the city. If you're not as opposed to exercise as I am you can take one of the yellow city bikes.

I'm not quite sure how to operate this thing...
Okay, human, start pedalling!
Next stop Teurastamo, a rather hipsterish place that used to be a slaughterhouse but now hosts restaurants and events. My favourite place there is JĂ€delino. They make the best icecream in all of Helsinki.



Julius also likes Teurastamo especially the children's corner in the bookshop:

Fun for the whole family
Other favourite pastimes in Finland this time of year are barbecuing and berry picking. I'll tell you more about that in the next couple of post. Until then, nÀkemiin!

No comments:

Post a Comment