Friday 3 August 2018

More things to do in Helsinki in the summer

Hello!

We're back from Russia so it's time to tell you more about how we spend our time here in Helsinki.

Like I explained in my previous post you can take one of the yellow citybikes to get round the city, but, if like me, you are to lazy for that you can take the metro instead.
As you can see it's probably the world's most orange metro. Even the interior is completely orange. But did you know that it's also the northernmost metro system in the world? Tickets are quite expensive but I never pay anyway, tihi...


One thing you can always do in Helsinki even if the weather is bad, (which it is most of the year...), is to go second-hand shopping. I like second-hand shops. You never know what you're going to find. By the way, did you know that's how I got Julius?


When you're done with your shopping you might want to relax. For that you can go to the beach. Helsinki is surrounded by the sea so there are plenty of beaches and they all have wonderful views of the archipelago.


Julius doesn't like the beach. He thinks it's boring, he prefers to go skateboarding. I keep telling him to wear a helmet but, as usual, he doesn't listen. It's not like there is much to protect anyway.



Hope you're having a wonderful summer like we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment