Saturday 4 August 2018

Souvenirs from Russia

Привет!


As you know we came back from Russia a couple of days ago. You've seen all the things we experienced but I'm sure you're also dying to know what kind of things we took with us back to Finland.

I couldn't bring everything that I wanted to bring. Partly because I only had a small backpack and Julius is no help when it comes to carrying stuff, but also because some of the things I wanted to bring probably wouldn't make it through customs. You don't want to fuck with Russian border guards. You may have seen in the movies how badly that can end.

So let's have a look at the things I did manage to bring home.


1. Sweets of course. I'm actually not terribly fond of Russian sweets. They taste like... well, sugar. But I love the colourful wrappers. Most of them have cute animals or other cute figures. This time I went for Alyonka and Mishki v lesu (bears in the woods). Asian tourists would pay a lot of money for the Alyonka wrapper, I promise.


2. Here is one of my life hacks. This one's for free. You're welcome.
Matches. Julius loves to play with matches and I let him have his fun of course. You should hear his laugh when he's playing with fire, so cute. So if you have hyperactive kids – buy them matches!


I bought Cheburashka matches. If you don't know who Cheburashka is you should definitely look him up. He's one of Russia's cutest carton characters ever.

Look at that smile
3. Wooden spoons for Julius. Did you know that spoons can be used for more that just eating. They are also musical instruments. The kid is obsessed with learning to play wooden spoons. He's watched thousands of tutorials online and broken all our spoons. So I had to get him some proper Russian wooden spoons. You're all invited to Julius' concert by the way. You might want to bring earplugs...


4. I brought quite a lot of things for Julius this time. Aside from the matches and spoons he also got a real Russian babushka scarf. We didn't buy it, we stole borrowed it from grandmother. Anyway, it's very practical in winter or after the sauna.


5. Of course we had to bring something for uncle Jevgeni too. We bought an old Soviet poster for him. I think he really liked it. He hung it in his room and stared at it for hours, I think...

"Have you taken care of your breasts?" Remember that cleaning your nipples with cold water is very important, folks.
6. That wasn't all though. We normally bring a bottle or two of something strong for uncle Jevgeni when we travel. Then we won't hear from him for about a week which is nice. This time he got a bottle of "Dusha monacha" (Monk's soul).


Having alcohol at home can be useful. When we travel I always add a little to Julius' water bottle. Then he sleeps like an angel. There you go, another useful life hack, I should start charging for these... But remember don't give him too much, if he wakes up with a hangover, he becomes downright unbearable.

That's it for today folks. Hope you enjoyed the post and my useful suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment