Tuesday 21 August 2018

Top 5 drinks

Hello again! Welcome back!
I finally got round to making another top 5 list. This one is about drinks, or well, beverages I guess.

1. Coffee

Coffee is number one on the list just because I need coffee to function. At home I start the day with a nice cup of no-nonsense Finnish filter coffee. Lots of suger of course.


When I'm travelling I like to drink espresso. It makes me feel European.


Julius says he likes coffee too, but I suspect he just drinks it because it gives him an excuse to order a piece of cake with the coffee. Of course he's even more unbearable than usual when he's had too much coffee.


2. Coke

Coke is great, sugar and caffeine, what's not to like? It's a staple part of my diet. None of that zero nonsense, though. What's the point of sugary drinks without sugar? I'll stick to the real stuff, thanks. It's my drink of choice when eating junk food. Speaking of which, I think this picture is from a kebab shop in Brussels. I should go back, it's pretty much impossible to find a good kebab in Finland.



3. Wine

I like to relax with a nice glass of wine. Nothing like sitting down at a café with a glass of red wine and just watching life go by.


If it's hot I might treat myself to a glass of cold sparkling wine.



4. Beer

If you've read my sauna post, you'll know that no sauna is complete without a beer. In the sauna any kind of light beer will do, but my favourite beer in the whole world is a Berliner Weisse mit Schuss. It's a low-alcohol, sour wheat beer mixed with a shot of syrup. The one in the picture is mixed with woodruff flavoured syrup, that's why it's green. The red one with raspberry syrup is also very popular.



5. GlĂŒhwein

Talking of German drinks, there's nothing like a mug of hot mulled wine in the winter. Just the thought makes me happy.


Hmm, now I'm thirsty. Time to end this writing and go see what's in the fridge.
Auf Wiedersehen!

Also, don't forget to check out my other top 5 lists: tops and sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment